Tru-Bolt electronic locks are popular because they are easy to install and program. But Tru bolt electronic lock troubleshooting is a common problem many people have. If your tru bolt door lock is not working properly, it can cause serious problems. You will need to figure out the reason behind the problem.
This article will guide you through some common issues and how you can troubleshoot common problems with your tru bolt lock.
What is a Tru bolt electronic lock?
Tru-Bolt intelligent door locks provide the homeowner, professional installer, and builders with quality products for protection with an affordable solution. A tru-bolt locking mechanism uses an electric motor to lock and unlock the door.
Tru bolt electronic locks are used in high-security environments such as airports, government buildings, and hospitals. They can also be found in residential and commercial applications such as office buildings, apartment complexes, and schools.
Why are tru electronic bolt locks popular?
Tru bolt electronic locks are popular because they are easy to install, program and use. Additionally, they are a cost-effective solution used in various applications.
- Easy to install: Tru bolt electronic locks require you to screw in the lock where you normally have a keyhole. As with other types of smart locks, no wiring or extra effort is required for installation. This type of lock makes it perfect for renters who don’t want to deal with the hassle of changing their existing deadbolt system when they move out.
- Easy programming: The tru bolt support work by using wireless signals sent from your smartphone (or tablet) through Bluetooth technology; this means you can program your new tru bolt without having an internet connection or even needing Wi-Fi access at home! If you don’t have any devices capable of sending such signals.
- Easy maintenance: While some might think installing something new might make them spend more time maintaining it, this is not the case with tru bolts. Since they are wireless and easy to program, you don’t have to worry about resetting any settings; all you need is a new battery when it becomes necessary.
- Security: Many people install tru bolt locks because they are worried about their safety, whether from a break-in or theft; this is why many choose tru bolt locks to keep themselves safe and secure.
- Easy to use: The user inputs the code and it opens right up! There’s no need to fumble with keys or worry about losing them.
Tru bolt replacement parts
To solve your tru bolt electronic lock problem and what tru bolt replacement parts you will need, you first have to know the parts of the lock. The following is a list of all the parts in an electric deadbolt:
- Exterior Faceplate – The exterior faceplate is where you will see all labeling, such as the keypad and faceplate model number.
- Interior Faceplate – This is also known as an “interior handle” and holds the latch and latch springs in place, which means that it will be inside your room or office building and not visible from the outside when someone enters your place.
- Strike Plate – The strike plate is what receives impact force when someone pushes on it; This part attaches directly to your existing door frame and acts as a place where both interior faceplates will rest, so they don’t fall off during use!
- Mounting Plate –Mounting Plate attaches everything securely, so the mechanism works properly. Also known as “bolts,” this part allows easy installation by drilling holes through wood frames directly into concrete walls without needing special tools.
- The latch –is located on the front of the door and inserted into the mounting plate.
- Manual key-The last part that makes up your tru bolt electronic lock is a manual key. If your door is locked and can not be opened with a keypad, you can make it open with a manual key.
What most common models of tru bolt electronic lock?
To troubleshoot your tru bolt electronic lock, you will need to determine which model of tru bolt electronic lock you have. The most common models of tru bolt electronic locks are:
- Tru bolt classic Digital deadbolt with keypad
- Tru bolt Classic Digital Knob with Keypad
- Tru bolt Classic Digital Lever with Keypad
- Tru bolt Classic Digital deadbolt with Touchscreen
- Tru bolt Gemini Biometric Enabled Deadbolt with Keypad
- Tru bolt Infinity Bluetooth deadbolt with keypad
- Tru bolt Orion Wi-Fi Enabled Deadbolt with Keypad
Tru bolt electronic lock beeps and lights.
You may be experiencing a problem with the tru bolt electronic lock if it’s beeping, flashing, or showing different numbers. The following is a list of common issues and how to determine the cause:
- One long beep and LED illuminates green: Unlock / Valid programming:
- Two short beeps and LED illuminates red: Lock
- Two short beeps and LED flashes red twice: Invalid Programming
- Short beeps and LED flashes red seven times: Low Voltage
- Four short beeps and LED flashes red four times: Super Low Voltage
- Three long beeps LED flashes red three times: Lock Error
- Two short beeps three times LED flashes red six times: Repeat operation after Lock
- Two short beeps and LED illuminates red on each attempt: 4 Incorrect code entry attempts
- One long beep and one short beep, and LED illuminates green: Power on
- One long beep and one short beep, and LED illuminates green(may occur several times or once in a while): Chip Reset
If neither of these steps works, then there is likely a problem with your lock’s wiring or electrical components. You may need to contact an electrician or locksmith who can perform further diagnostics on your system.
Common tru bolt electronic lock problems and troubleshooting
The Tru bolt electronic lock keypad is not working.
If your lock keypad does not respond, there could be several reasons as to why this is happening:
- It might just be that the batteries are dead. Replace with four high-quality alkaline batteries.
- Make sure the batteries are installed correctly, and if they’re still not working after installing new ones, you may have to replace your lock altogether.
- The dirt has collected on top of them and caused an electrical short circuit; try wiping down both sides with a damp rag while turning off the power at the breaker box before giving us a call so we can help diagnose further issues.
- The keypad may be locked out due to incorrect code. Now please wait 60 seconds;
Tru bolt lock keeps beeping.
If the lock is beeping and you cannot get it to stop, there are a few things that you can try to do.
- Check the battery. If the battery is low, replace it with a new one.
- Verify that all parts are installed correctly.
- Check if there is any dirt or debris on the keypad. If so, use a soft cloth or cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol and clean carefully around the edge of the outer cover and inside your keypad.
- Check all wires for breaks or frays in them.
If none of these options work, please get in touch with TRU bolt customer service with details about what happened when changing batteries or any other possible solutions you may have tried before calling us.
Tru-Bolt keypad Lock is not working.
You may have accidentally locked yourself out of your home or office, but not all hope is lost! If your tru bolt electronic lock isn’t working properly, Here are some common problems and their corresponding solutions:
- Check that you have entered the right user code. If not, try resetting the lock by holding down both buttons on the keypad for 15 seconds until it beeps twice. Then enter in a new combination—one that works!
- Make sure there is enough power in the battery compartment. If you notice it is low on power or dead, replace it with a new one as soon as possible.
- Replace any batteries if they are corroded or damaged so they can perform properly and accurately read how much energy they contain.
- Check any wires connecting between the keypad and lock mechanism; if these are frayed or broken, they should be replaced immediately so that there isn’t further damage done when using this device again!
The Tru bolt keypad is not lighting up.
If your tru bolt keypad is not lighting up, there are a few possibilities:
- The batteries may be dead or low on power and need to be replaced. If that’s the case, you should replace the batteries with new ones before testing again.
- Check to make sure that the batteries are inserted correctly. If this is not the issue, try removing and reinserting them until the light comes on.
- The battery contacts inside your lock may have corrosion built up on them which would hinder the flow of electricity from the batteries to the chip in your electronic lock. If this is suspected, you should clean all surfaces with a dry cloth and alcohol wipes until they are free of residue, then try pressing the buttons again.
The Tru bolt Interior Knob will not turn:
If you Tru bolt electronic lock interior Knob will not turn, mostly because the lock knob or vertical tailpiece is installed incorrectly. Now please remove the interior assembly and reposition the interior knob. With the deadbolt Latch retracted, verify that the tailpiece is vertical.
If this still does not work, there may be a problem with the lock cylinder or deadbolt latch assembly.
Check these components for damage before replacing them; if they’re damaged beyond repair, take photos so that you can show us exactly what’s wrong if we need to send out a technician as part of our warranty process.
Deadbolt Latch is sticking:
If your tru bolt electronic lock deadbolt Latch is sticking, This can happen when the Installation screws of the lock may be too tight and have to be loosened. Now please try the following solutions:
- Remove Interior Assembly.
- Slightly loosen the Mounting Plate screws.
- Lock and unlock using the Key.
- Reattach Control Wire and Interior Assembly.
Also, if you don’t keep your keypad clean (especially after using cleaning supplies) or if there’s debris between your keypad and its frame.
The lock will not work electronically.
If the tru bolt electronic lock will not work electronically, you may need to check the following things:
- Check that all batteries are fresh, high-quality Alkaline Batteries.
- Check for proper polarity (+ -) of all batteries.
- Check that the Control Wire is attached to the Interior Assembly and not damaged.
- Check each wire for loose or disconnected wires.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and reconnect the wiring harness.
If you’ve changed your battery and it still does not work after that, there is an electrical fault with your lock, and you will need to call a professional locksmith to repair it.
The lock gives an error signal when opening or locking, and Deadbolt Latch will not extend or retract completely when the door is closed.
If this happens, please try to solve it with the following steps:
- Unlock the door using the Key or Interior Knob. While the door is open, check that the Deadbolt Latch operates smoothly.
- Check for proper alignment of the strike plate; adjust as needed to assure there is no binding against the Deadbolt Latch.
- Make sure the tailpiece is vertical and straight up and down.
The keypad beeps and LED flashes.
If your tru bolt electronic lock keypad beeps and lead flashes, now please replace the old batteries with four new high-quality alkaline batteries.
How to program a tru bolt electronic lock？
Programming the lock is easy. With the following steps, you’ll be able to program your new electronic lock-in shortly.
- Please ensure that you insert the four alkaline batteries and install them correctly so they can fit tightly into place.
- To program the lock, you must create a new administrator code.
- You will have to complete all the programming steps in the programming mode within 10 seconds, and do not press the keypad until the keypad stops illuminating.
How to create new programming code?
For most TRU-BOLT CLASS series digital locks, to create new programming code:
- Wake up the lock for Programming by swiping your fingers across the face to activate the lock or Pressing the Illuminated Security Numbers.
- Input your old or default programming code(default 123456) and press the “unlock” button.
- Press the “4 “button and then press the “unlock” button. (For TRU-BOLT Gemini Biometric Enabled Deadbolt with Keypad, Press the “3 “button).
- Input the new six digital programming codes and press the “unlock” button.
- Reenter the six new digital programming codes and press the “unlock” button again.
- Green light flashes confirm the success.
You can also check this TRU-BOLT CLASS programming video:
TRU-BOLT CLASS Lock programming
Now you have finished creating the new programming code.
For TRU-BOLT Orion Wi-Fi Enabled Deadbolt with Keypad, to change the programming code:
- Remove battery cover
- Hold the “Setup” button for 2 seconds until the Kkeypadlights up
- Enter a new 6-digit admin code
- Repeat the 6-digit admin code to reconfirm
TRU-BOLT Orion programming
The lock will flash Green and beep, letting you know the process was successful
For TRU-BOLT infinity Bluetooth deadbolt lock, change the programming code:
- Download the “My Key Mobile” App from the APP store or Google Play
- Register an Account and login
- Add the TRU-BOLT infinity Bluetooth deadbolt lock to the app.
- Press the settings icon in the top right of the lock screen
- Select Basics from the setlist
- Select “Admin Passcode”
- Set your new 6-digit Admin Passcode
TRU-BOLT infinity programming
How to change the four-digit code on the tru bolt lock?
Please note: You can not change your current four digital user codes on the tru bolt electronic lock; you will have to delete this user code and add a new user code to the same user ID.
How to add code to the tru bolt lock?
To add a code, you must set the lock to admin mode.
For most TRU-BOLT class series digital locks, add a new user code:
- Input your programming code, and then press the “unlock” button.
- Press the “1 “button and then press the “unlock” button.
- Input the new user ID between 02-50 and then press the “unlock” button.
- Input the new 4-8 digit user code and press the “unlock” button.
- Repeat the 4-8 digit user code and press the “unlock” button again.
- Green light flashes confirm success.
Now you have finished adding a new user code.
How to ADD User Codes to a TRU-BOLT class Keyless Electronic Deadbolt Lock?
For TRU-BOLT Orion Wi-Fi Enabled Deadbolt with Keypad and TRU-BOLT infinity Bluetooth deadbolt lock, to add a new user code from TRU-BOLT “My Key Mobile” App:
- Please ensure you have downloaded the “My Key Mobile” App from the APP store or Google Play, registered an Account, and logged in
- On the Lock Screen, select the Passcode Icon
- Select GENERATE PASSCODES
- Select “Custom” and select the duration or toggle permanent. Press Set Passcode
- Enter the desired 4-9 digit passcode
Tru bolt electronic lock reset
To reset the lock to the original factory settings, including the Programming Code and all User Codes, follow these steps:
- Remove one battery for 10 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery and wait for a long and short beep
- Press 3 times within 3 seconds.
- The lock will beep, and the light indicator will turn green.
Also, you can check this video:
How to Factory Reset the Trubolt Keyless Electronic Deadbolt Locks?
Tru bolt electronic lock installation
If you’re interested in installing a tru bolt electronic lock, there are two ways to go about it. You can choose the DIY route or hire a professional locksmith.
The first option is significantly cheaper, but if you’re uncomfortable with the process or don’t have experience with things like wiring and soldering, it’s probably best to hire someone else. You can download and check the tru bolt electronic lock user manual to know how to install your lock step by step.
Also, you can check this video:
Tru Bolt Electronic Door Lock Install and Setup
The second option is much simpler because all they need to do is install your new door lock system without knowing how it works (or doesn’t work).
Tur bolt customer service
If you are having any problems with your lock or if you need help setting up the app, here are some resources for getting in touch with tru bolt’s customer service team:
- Phone number: 888-232-3574
- Email address: [email protected] (this is not a live chat feature)
- Tru bolt website: https://www.truboltlocks.info/. The website offers more information about their product line, company history, and a contact page where you can submit feedback on your experience using their products or services.
- Tru bolt Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLunUHxOVQhvoZp3xkesjA/featured
Tru bolts electronic lock manual.
If you want to know more about tru bolt electronic lock programming, installation, and troubleshooting, you can download and check the following tru bolt electronic lock user manual for reference.
So, now you know how to troubleshoot a tru bolt electronic lock. If your problem is not one of the ones we covered here, it’s probably best to contact the manufacturer. They might be able to help you over the phone or by email. Also, you can try to contact ShineACS Locks.
Other related Smart keypad lock troubleshooting: