What is TTLock?
TTLock is an intelligent lock system that you can control from your phone. The TTlock system is sturdy, with three mechanical keys and a backup battery.
The App to pair the device and manage access is user-friendly and intuitive, allowing you to send ekeys to family members or guests for temporary entry, with the ability to set start and end dates for those keys.
Using TTLock’s advanced features, you can also get notifications when someone unlocks or locks your door (great for mobile check-in on children who have their key) or create passcodes instead of using the App if you prefer old-school methods still want a Bluetooth connection.
What is the TTLock App?
TTLock is an app that lets you control and manage your smart lock from your phone. The App is available for iOS and Android, so that you can use it on any of your mobile devices.
TT Lock App is a management software for a smart lock. This APP can manage various intelligent locks, including doors, parking, safes, bicycle, etc.
The App and the lock communicate via Bluetooth BLE to unlock, lock, hardware upgrade, read operation records, etc. The Bluetooth key can also help open the door lock through the AI watch.
Currently, the App supports Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), English, and Spanish. More languages will be kept in the future.
The TTLock app is the best way to keep track of your locks and other security devices. Give friends or family members access to your space using a simple share button, and revoke that access whenever necessary. The App also helps you control all of the main features of your lock.
Unlike many other home automation apps, TTLock doesn’t require a hub or a subscription to use the features available. You download the App, connect it to your locks using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, and get started!
You can use the TTLock App to manage access to your locks and share temporary or permanent entries with family and friends.
Using the TTLock App is easy. Once installed on your device and connected to your locks, you’ll see a list of all the locks you’ve added to the App.
The main features of TTLock
TTLock allows you to lock and unlock your door with a smartphone or PIN code, which can be emailed or messaged directly to guests while en route. This has been a real game-changer for vacation rental hosts trying to avoid time-consuming key exchanges.
Primarily when you use TT lock in your hotel as a keyless hotel lock system, your hotel guest can unlock the hotel room with a phone.
The main features of the TTlock include:
- Remote locking and unlocking. Lock or unlock your door from anywhere in the world using your phone. You can also set up an auto-lock to close after a specific time frame, whether you’re home.
- Guest management. You can share access to your home with other users through the TTLock App and manage each person’s entry. The App also allows you to schedule guest access, so they enter only during a designated time frame you decide as to the host (such as visiting family staying at your house for Thanksgiving).
- Multiple ways to control your lock. You can use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to monitor and control your smart lock and cell network if you’re away from home when it needs attention: think of it as being able to use cellular data and Wi-Fi on a mobile device–many options are helpful!
- Activity log tracking who enters and exits the building (and when) is available in the App for easy reference if need be; this way, it’s easy for hosts to see who visited their Airbnb rental recently, for example
- Smart Home Integration. TTLock works with every major brand of the intelligent home system, including Nest, Google Assistant, Alexa, IFTTT (if/then), etc.
- Fingerprint access if you have this upgrade option on a TTLock model (such as T3), fingerprint recognition technology allows you to gain entry without a key code or even needing your phone–make sure no one steals your fingerprints!
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi compatibility: You’ll be able to check up on everything from anywhere by syncing up via an internet connection.
- Auto-lock: Locks automatically when closed for peace of mind and security. The auto-lock will kick in after a few seconds if you forget and leave it unlocked.
- Auto-unlock: Detects if the phone is nearby and unlocks the door automatically (within 1 foot of the lock).
- App management – You can use the App to unlock your door or lock it from the outside, view and delete access records, and add new users.
- Share and control access – Want to give a friend access to your home? You can do this by setting a temporary password quickly through the App.
- Keyless entry – If you don’t want to bother using your phone or taking out keys when you need to open the door, you can use fingerprint unlocking instead.
What components include in a TT LOCK system?
You can equip any door with a TTLock system using these three main components: the lock, Gateway, and App. The lock is installed on the door. The App is used to control the lock. And the Gateway serves as an intermediary between the internet and your lock, which allows you to manage it remotely.
To set up your system, you need to install each of these items correctly:
- Install smart locks on your door (or doors). Several models are available for different types of doors (front door, garage door, bedroom door, etc.) – all you have to do is choose which model is suitable for you!
- The TT-LOCK mobile app is for iOS or Android devices (not Windows Phone phones now). You use this App to add other users that should have access to enter through the lock and manage all door locks.
- The TT-LOCK gateway. This small box is used to connect your lock to the internet via Wi-Fi and communicate with your phone or tablet over Bluetooth. It’s installed near your home router or modem.
How does TTLock work?
TTLock offers four ways to open the door: mobile App, RFID cards, passwords, fingerprints, and mechanical keys.
When you’re at home, you can use the mobile App, RFID cards, passwords, fingerprints, and mechanical keys to unlock your home door;
When you’re away from home, you can send a password or use a mobile app(door lock connected with Gateway) to unlock the door. This is great because it allows people to enter your house even when they don’t have their phones on them!
TTLock has two products: one for residential properties and one for commercial properties. You use the residential product in homes and apartments rented out or owned by families or individuals. You use the commercial development in hotels, offices, and guesthouses.
The commercial product works differently than the residential product; for example, users do not get their App with this lock system but instead access it via a website managed by an administrator.
How do you use TTlocks?
To use TTlock, you will need:
1, A mobile phone: A mobile phone capable of running the TTlock App. At present, only Android and iOS operating systems are supported.
2, Download and install the TTlock App on your mobile phone (found in Google Play Store or Apple Store). Note that all app functions are accessible, but it takes up your device’s storage space.
3, TTlock login and Register: After opening the App, register an account or log in if you already have one by entering your email address and setting a password.
Log in with your mobile phone number or email account on the login page. The system automatically recognizes the mobile phone number and does not input the country code.
If you have forgotten your password, you can go to the password page to reset your password. When you reset the password, you can receive a verification
code from your mobile phone and email address
4, Add TTlock supported smart locks: Once logged in, select “Add lock” from the menu screen and add intelligent locks to manage through this Account from a list of all locks currently connected to nearby Bluetooth devices on your network (this process may take a few tries if nearby devices aren’t found immediately).
The lock must be added to the App before it can be used. Adding a lock refers to the initialization of the lock by communicating with the lock via Bluetooth. Please
stand beside the lock. Once the lock is added successfully, you can manage the lock with the App, including sending a key, password, etc.
When the lock is added, the adder becomes the lock administrator. At the same time, the lock cannot enter the setup mode by touching the keyboard. This lock can only be readded after the current administrator has deleted the lock. The operation of deleting the lock needs to be done by Bluetooth beside the lock.
5, Create digital keys: Once some devices have been added as smart locks within this App, you can add digital keys to the locks via this App; you can choose the following digital keys to open the door lock:
- RFID card (this type can be used without an Internet connection),
- password combination (a series of passwords that can be set with options such as permanent, time-limited, one-time, empty, loop, custom, etc.),
- Bluetooth key (can be set using another smartphone on which someone has downloaded the TTlock App),
- Fingerprint sensor (only available if a physical fingerprint reader is installed).
- Note that only 1 RFID card can be assigned per lock at one time;
- Multiple password combinations and Bluetooth keys can be transferred simultaneously as long they don’t overlap in terms of expiration dates or the number of uses allowed before expiring
6, Unlock the door: Once you’ve done this, anyone you have granted access to can use their particular key type (Bluetooth, App, RFID card, passcode, etc.) to open your door.
7, Manage locks and staffs: You can manage any number of locks and staff via the TTlock App if you want to keep track of who’s going where and when they’re doing it; add more users under Manage Staff’ to take advantage of this feature
For more information about how to use a TTlock, you can check this video:
TTlock operation video
What locks work with TTlock?
The TTlock App supports multiple locks, including door locks, padlocks, safe locks, innovative lock cylinders, parking locks, and bicycle locks. When adding a device, you must first select the lock type.
After entering the setting mode, the lock must be added to the App. A lock that has not been added will enter the setting mode as long as the locking keyboard is touched. The lock that has been added needs to be deleted on the App first.
If you’re looking for smart door locks, TTlock carries Bluetooth door locks, phone-operated door locks, fingerprint-operated door locks, password-operated door locks, and keycard-operated door locks. The same goes for their other products:
- Smart padlocks
- Smart, safe locks
- Smart lock cylinders
- Smart parking locks
- Smart bicycle locks (also known as bike U-locks)
By tapping into the market of these different types of intelligent devices and integrating them into an app ecosystem, TTlock has allowed users to manage access to many other areas of their lives from one platform.
Does TTLock work with Google?
TTLock smart locks can be unlocked with Google Home and Amazon Alexa. You can open your door using voice commands if you have a smart lock connected to TTLock and a compatible device like the Google Home Mini.
Here are the steps:
- Make sure you have installed Google Home APP and hub
- Click the “+” Add button on the App’s upper left to set up the device.
- On the setup device page, choose “Works with Google” on to Manage accounts page.
- Search for “ScienerSmart,” and Enter your TTLock Account on the Authorize page.
- Set Google Home Security Code in TTLock APP. You will be asked for this code when unlocking with google home.
What does Gateway do for TTLock?
A gateway is a bridge between the lock and the internet, letting you remotely control your lock. You don’t have to worry about forgetting your key and getting locked out of your front door. With Gateway, all you have to do is open up your phone or a computer.
The user can remotely view and calibrate the lock clock through the Gateway and read the unlock record. Meanwhile, it can remotely delete and modify the password.
Gateway also helps with access management, allowing you to grant temporary access rights and permissions for Airbnb guests or other visitors.
How to add the Gateway to the TTlock App?
Please add the Gateway via APP steps ：
- Connect your phone to the WIFI network to which the Gateway is connected.
- Click the plus button in the upper right corner and input the WIFI passcode and gateway name. Click OK and input the passcode for authentication.
- Press and hold the setting button on the Gateway for 5 seconds. The green light indicates that the Gateway has entered the add-on mode.
How do I connect TTLock to WIFI?
To connect TTLock to your WIFI network, follow the steps below.
- Connect the Gateway to the router. Make sure they’re close together so there’s a strong signal.
- Configure the Gateway to your router’s WIFI network. This information is usually on a sticker on the router.
- Open up TTLock’s App and add the Gateway. Go over it twice because you don’t want any mistakes here!
- Add the lock to the Gateway with another keypress sequence that you can find in this other article about how to add a lock (and remember—your timing has to be exactly right). If it doesn’t work, try again from step 1 above!
- Add your newly connected lock to your App under “Smart Lock”> “Add Lock.”
The TTlock manual
You can read the official TTLock instruction manual here: TTlock user manual.
The manual is a great way to learn how to use your new device. You can learn how to use the product’s many features and even learn about some things you may not have known were included in your purchase.
This is important because it will help you get the most out of your TTLock device.
How to reset TTlock?
As you may be aware, some TTLocks can be reset, and the method depends on which model you have. The G2 Gateway does not require a factory reset, but all other models do. Follow the steps below to find out how to reset your lock:
- Find the metal keyhole on your lock (if applicable).
- Get a piece of metal that can fit into this slot (I like going to hardware stores for this because it’s therapeutic).
- Insert the piece of metal into the keyhole and twist it like a regular key five times clockwise and once counterclockwise in quick succession to turn off automatic locking mode (it will make an unlocking sound if it is successful). If your lock doesn’t come with a metal keyhole, see step 4 instead.
- Power off your smart lock by pressing and holding the power button until you hear three beeping sounds (it will probably take about five seconds; there’s no need to count precisely).
- Again, if this works correctly, it will make an unlocking sound when you release pressure from the button after about five seconds. This turns off automatic locking mode and automatically unlocks it at this point. Once this process is complete, skip ahead to step 7 now as there’s no need for additional steps 5 or 6 in this case!
5-6.?–Just kidding! There are no additional steps! You can skip ahead now; I was trying something out :)