What is Smart Electronic Cabinet Lock?
Generally, RFID cabinet locks, Bluetooth electronic cabinet locks, and password keyboard cabinet locks are collectively referred to as smart electronic cabinet locks.
The electric cabinet lock is an intelligent cabinet locking device operated by an electric device. Electric cabinet locks are sometimes independent, and their electronic control components are directly installed on the cabinet locks.
The cabinet with an electronic lock can be connected to the access control system is used for cabinets, such as filing cabinets, sauna cabinets, lockers, kitchen cabinets and bath center lockers, etc.
Smart electronic cabinet lock features:
- Electronic cabinet door locks have many styles and excellent prices.
- The panel comprises various high-grade zinc alloys, plastics, red bronze, titanium alloys, double-layer paint, light-curing process, stainless steel wire drawing, super quality, stable performance, and good hand feeling.
- The emergency power supply of electrical cabinet locks is available to solve the emergency door opening problem in any emergency.
- It can protect the smart locker. When opened illegally, it will send an alarm message to solve theft and theft and strengthen user management.
- Using 3 AA alkaline batteries for the power supply, the voltage is insufficient to trigger an alarm, and the door can still be opened more than 20 times after the notice.
- Single and dual cards can be set, and a universal card can open the door to realizing a user management card. Professional technicians and standardized service guidelines make you more worry-free.
- Small size hidden cabinet locks can be easily hidden without attracting attention;
- The appearance design is simple and will not affect the overall appearance;
- No wiring is required when using, which will not affect the use of other products;
- No need to replace the battery frequently; very energy-saving and environmentally friendly;
Why do you need an electronic cabinet lock?
The best electronic cabinet lock system can help commercial organizations increase profits and enhance customer and user experience by eliminating the limitations of traditional cabinet locks.
In addition to providing more reliable protection, end users can also get more features. Here are some reasons why you need electronic cabinet door locks.
1. The electric cabinet lock can be hidden.
Some electronic cabinet locks can be integrated with cabinet drawer slide rails or installed independently in the cabinet door. We called this kind of cabinet lock hidden drawer locks.
Hidden cabinet locks have no electrical or wiring expertise. Plug-and-play components can be combined with existing cabinets and complement other security solutions, such as alarm or video surveillance systems.
If needed, technical support and customization can be provided.
2. It is easy to use an electronic RFID cabinet lock.
If you use an electronic RFID cabinet lock, all you need to unlock the cabinet is to tap the smart card, key card, or wristband near the proximity card reader. Then the cabinet will open and automatically relock the cabinet when it is closed.
3. It is straightforward to manage the electronic lock key cabinet.
Even if the card is lost or stolen, the system administrator can add, change, or delete access rights in a few seconds. The electronic lock key cabinet token can be pasted onto the ID badge.
4. The intelligent electronic cabinet locking system can simplify the interaction between employees, customers, and other users.
Sales assistants can unlock the display cabinet immediately to display the goods without finding the correct key, summon the supervisor or return the backstage while the customer is waiting or leaving.
This simplicity reduces inventory and product retrieval time and shortens the sales process.
In non-retail environments such as hospitals, patients can keep their belongings safe but easy to access, and nurses can quickly use medicines and supplies and spend a few minutes a day taking care of patients.
5. The automatic function saves labor.
Automatic cabinet relocking eliminates laborious management checks to ensure that the electronic cabinet locks the cabinet. Automatic opening, easy closing, and touch release functions also improve convenience.
The advantages of the smart cabinet lock system can quickly add up. Technology advances, bringing hope to any commercial organization that needs to protect and quickly access valuable content to extend functions and applications.
Companies that take full advantage of emerging trends will gain a vital competitive advantage in preventing losses and improving efficiency, suitable for the bottom line.
Smart electronic cabinet lock types
The main types of electronic cabinet locks include smart electronic combination cabinet locks, fingerprint cabinet locks, electronic RFID cabinet locks, Bluetooth cabinet locks, and digital cabinet locks
1. Combination cabinet lock:
It is an intelligent electronic cabinet lock that uses a series of numbers when opening.
The electronic combination cabinet lock also has the features of safety, convenience, and fashion. Still, because it needs to remember the password, the combination cabinet lock is more suitable for the younger generation. The elderly and children may forget the password.
The current key cabinet combination locks on the market usually use a 4-digit or 3-digit key password. The keyboard can be divided into touch screen keys and physical keys.
To unlock the combination lock for the cabinet with a password, entering the user password and remembering the digital password is necessary. The password is used as the original matching basis.
When the user enters the password again, the system model matches. The combination electronic cabinet lock is automatically opened if it is entirely correct. The combination cabinet lock is automatically closed if the input is incorrect.
- The key cabinet combination lock is made of zinc alloy material, strong, accurate, safe, and durable.
- The installation is straightforward. It opens the wire hole, connects the panel and the electronic cabinet lock body line, and then uses two screws to directly fix the board and the cabinet lock body.
- Suitable for toolboxes, cabinets, drawers, mailboxes, school lockers, or any place where keys are inappropriate.
- The access authority of the lost key only needs to be deleted from the system. If someone tries to use the key fraudulently, the cabinet lock will not open. Reduce the risk of anything being stolen. It is effortless to change the PIN code at any time.
Because the combination cabinet lock needs to remember the password, it is more suitable for the younger generation. The elderly and children may forget the password.
If the power to the building is interrupted, the electronic cabinet lock will not work.
Moreover, a combination lock for the cabinet usually releases the slider on the door. If the door is closed and the door cabinet is locked by turning the key, the combination secret cabinet locks will not work.
2. Fingerprint cabinet lock
Fingerprint cabinet locks are the primary type of electronic biometric cabinet locks.
The safety, convenience, and fashion characteristics of fingerprint electronic cabinet locks have attracted consumers’ attention from all walks of life. Fingerprint locks for cabinets are divided into semiconductor fingerprint heads and optical fingerprint heads.
The lock recognition rate of semiconductor fingerprint cabinets is high, the speed is fast, the volume is small, and it is safe; the optical fingerprint head technology is more mature, and the scratch resistance and stain resistance are slightly better.
The uniqueness and non-copy ability of fingerprints determine that biometric fingerprint cabinet locks are the most secure cabinet locks among all cabinet locks.
Open the cabinet lock through the user’s fingerprint. The fingerprint is stored in the system database and supports multiple fingerprint entries by recording the fingerprint.
When the electronic cabinet lock is needed, the finger recognition is placed. The sensor obtains the fingerprint information for modeling and performs modeling with the original fingerprint of the database.
When the matching degree meets the requirements, the cabinet can be unlocked.
Password and fingerprint unlocking cabinet locks are based on uniqueness. Both digital passwords and fingerprints have unique characteristics. Only when the requirements are met can the cabinet lock be unlocked.
- A comprehensive application range, easy to install on most wood boards, can be installed in the following cabinets: wardrobes, shoe cabinets, office cabinets, cash registers, drawers, safes, and concealed furniture.
- There is a Micro USB interface; if the battery is dead, you can plug in the power supply to power the cabinet lock. Micro USB is used with an Android mobile phone charger or power bank.
- Low power consumption, the battery life is more than one year, and it will automatically remind when the battery power is low.
- It is convenient to manage employees. The fingerprint system will not let anyone open the door, and only employees with a given fingerprint set can identify it.
For reasons such as greasy fingers or dirty fingerprint scanners, the biometric fingerprint cabinet lock does not take much time to recognize fingerprints.
These are easy to solve. More and more scanners use semiconductor recognition, and the accuracy and recognition speed is continually improving.
3. RFID cabinet lock
RFID cabinet lock is an advanced intelligent product that can control the card’s door opening range and authority when issuing the card.
The induction door cabinet lock is an indispensable security electronic cabinet lock for guesthouses, leisure centers, golf centers, etc. It is also suitable for villas and families.
The RFID electronic cabinet lock is a new type of smart cabinet. It adopts an inductive control system device.
Standard components include RFID identifiers, electronic tags, display devices, Android central control systems, databases, touch panels, and automatic electronic control cabinet locks. Etc.,
Each component is connected with the host module. The data interface is opened, which can be combined and controlled with the internal or external network to realize automatic contactless management.
- Many companies use RFID cabinet locks to improve business efficiency because they track cardholders and record their activities through smart card systems. Merchants can check where rooms are used irregularly and effectively allocate individual rooms based on the information collected on these cards.
- They enable you to operate home security functions in ways that the homeowner cannot achieve with a critical cabinet lock. It allows them to complete more safe actions with less work.
- Data tracking. Since a person carries an RFID card, the smart card system will record his actions. For example, when someone uses a card to enter a locked room, the system will record the person, date, time, and activities.
- Secure data. Only when you use special equipment can you read the data on the RFID card? This function can ensure the safety of the data recorded on the chip.
- Weatherproof. Because there is no exposed card slot, RFID keyless cabinet lock hardware is usually weatherproof.
- RFID cabinet lock can provide good security protection for your personal belongings while protecting your privacy. It can also improve children’s safety at home and prevent your children from opening drawers or cabinet doors at will.
- RFID cabinet drawer locks can be easily installed inside furniture drawers or cabinet doors invisible to the naked eye. It is very suitable for hidden compartments or stores display, and it can be unlocked with the included user card.
- The RFID card can easily access the sensor through up to 1.5 inches of hardwood or glass.
- AAA power supply: the usable battery life is 50,000 cycles. If the battery life begins to shorten, a low-voltage alarm will indicate that battery replacement is necessary. Because the battery will consume all power, causing the lock to fail to lock, ensuring that you will never be locked;
- Each RFID keyless cabinet lock is equipped with a spring release device, which can automatically open drawers, cabinets, etc., and is easy to install.
- Security data: You can read the data on the RFID card only when using special equipment. This function can ensure the security of data recorded on the chip.
- Weatherproof: There is no exposed card slot; invisible RFID cabinet lock hardware is usually weatherproof.
- Multiple unlock modes: (1) User card unlock; (2) User card + management card unlock note: The thickness of the cabinet or drawer door should not exceed 1.5 inches because this is the maximum reading distance of the RFID card. Would you please mark the position of the RFID cabinet lock reader? You can swipe the card on the reader, and the lock can recognize it.
One disadvantage of RFID cabinet locks is that the electric system may not operate normally in a power failure event. This may cause your door to be fully locked during the entire failure period, or it may cause the door not to lock correctly and remain open.
Most RFID door cabinet lock systems have a battery backup system as fault protection. There is a low-power alarm system in the RFID door cabinet lock. The customer needs to replace the battery in time.
4, Bluetooth cabinet lock
Bluetooth cabinet lock is an intelligent electronic cabinet lock that uses mobile phone Bluetooth as the primary door-opening method.
Low power consumption and long standby time support close-range automatic cabinet lock.
Without the mechanical key, the Bluetooth drawer lock supports triggering a Bluetooth signal to unlock the cabinet to reduce power consumption.
Support multiple users to share the same cabinet unlocking authority, check cabinet lock records at any time and replace the battery.
- Mobile phone unlocking is convenient and quick
- You can open the Bluetooth smart cabinet lock in the mobile Internet era by opening the mobile APP. It solves the problem that the traditional cabinet lock cannot open the cabinet lock remotely.
- With strong adaptability, the signal is free from environmental interference.
- The Bluetooth transmission speed will be higher, the unlocking experience will be better, and the volume will be smaller.
- High security
- Smart products are relatively quickly affected by the environment. Bluetooth security has authentication, authorization, encryption, and data privacy standards. The Bluetooth intelligent cabinet lock does not have to be connected to the network all the time, which significantly reduces the chance of someone invading your house.
Cost, The price of an intelligent cabinet lock may be much higher than a standard cabinet lock and key system. You may need a professional to install the cabinet lock and synchronize it to Bluetooth and WiFi. If the smart cabinet lock fails, its repair cost is also high.
5, Digital cabinet lock:
What is a digital cabinet lock? A digital cabinet lock is a small electronic cabinet lock suitable for fixing cabinets and drawers.
By entering the code on the keyboard, you can access it instead of using keys. If you do not have a code, you will not access the cabinet or cabinet items.
The apparent benefit of keyless entry is that you don’t have to manage keys. Keys are often lost and must be replaced when replaced. If the key is stolen, the entire cabinet lock may need to be replaced.
If you manage many different keys and key holders, problems may arise. It is much easier to manage the access codes on digital locks for cabinets than to take hundreds of keys. Use the master password to delete and reset the user password.
- Anti-prying: This cabinet with a digital lock does not have a place to put the key. It can prevent thieves from breaking in because the anti-theft cannot pry the digital cabinet lock.
- No keys: You do not have to carry many legends, and the possibility of loss or theft is less.
- Control: In a company building, you can control and restrict who enters which part of the building. Residents and landlords of apartments and apartments can also use a PIN code to control who can enter their room, reducing the risk of anything stolen.
- Beautiful: The door key cabinet digital lock can adopt various fashionable colors, which look competent and professional.
- The Electronic digital cabinet lock kit can be used widely in supermarkets, sauna clubs, gyms, swimming stadiums, libraries, factories, and offices.
- Forgot password: You may forget your password from time to time, it is easy to forget the PIN code of your locker, and it will annoy you when you are eager to enter the room.
- Keep the digital cabinet lock clean: The coating may peel off, or dirty fingerprints appear on the buttons when the cabinet lock is used too often. Keep the cabinet lock clean to prevent harmful personnel from discovering the code.
- Power failure: A power source powers some digital door cabinet locks. If your house or building is powered off, the door cabinet lock will not work, restricting you from entering the building. Purchasing a mechanical cabinet lock or battery cabinet lock will not affect you in a power failure.
How to choose an electronic cabinet lock?
Smart electronic cabinet locks refer to cabinet locks that are different from traditional mechanical cabinet locks and are more intelligent in user identification, safety, and management.
After all, electronic cabinet locks are not yet universally popularized technological products. What should we pay attention to when deciding to purchase and select?
1. Both appearance and function are emphasized.
Electronic cabinet locks are durable household goods used on various door panels.
The first principle of the appearance design of the smart cabinet lock is simplicity.
Many electronic cabinet locks are designed to be very large, and the products are luxurious. However, they often appear very abrupt once installed and attract people with “unpredictable” minds.
2. Biometric fingerprint cabinet locks need to pay attention to safe use.
Because of the reproduction technology of fingerprints and other biological characteristics
It’s getting simpler. In other words, tangible encryption and decryption technology urgently need the support of new technologies. Otherwise, its security may not be reliable.
3. The mechanical cabinet lock core’s material, structure, and precision should be paid attention to.
If you choose an intelligent electronic cabinet lock product with a mechanical cabinet lock core
Determining the anti-theft performance of the mechanical cabinet lock core depends on three aspects: the material of the cabinet lock nail. The more challenging the material, the better; the cabinet lock core structure is second.
Each structure has its advantages and disadvantages, several different. The combination of systems is far better than a single system; the third is processing accuracy. The higher the accuracy, the better.
4. Paying attention to security
The security of the locker is essential to the safe. Only when the security is high will the safety of the safe be better improved, and the documents in the safe can be guaranteed.
5. Paying attention to the electronic cabinet lock manufacturer’s brand.
The brand of cabinet locks is essential. If brand awareness is not high, then if our brand awareness is heightened, there are more users and better feedback.
Therefore, the more they are sold, the more popular they get everyone’s attention. Favorite. So brand awareness is also essential.
6. Paying attention to usability.
Nowadays, many electronic cabinet locks are relatively convenient, and the public will choose only convenient and safe ones.
For example, electronic password cabinet locks, fingerprint cabinet locks, and facial recognition cabinet locks are all safe and convenient to use.
7. Paying attention to the electronic cabinet lock price.
Price is also significant. The different cabinet locks are at different prices, and the cost of cabinet locks varies greatly. When choosing, you should consider the price of cabinet locks before making judgments.
Many users may not find the electronic cabinet lock manufacturers after purchasing the product for some time or find irresponsible manufacturers due to a lack of buying experience or only requiring low prices.
Cabinet lock manufacturers may believe that improper use by users has resulted in non-maintenance or high prices for accessories.
The above is the entire content of choosing the cabinet locks used in the safe. According to the situation, electronic cabinet locks are also the most used cabinet locks for safes when selecting electronic cabinet locks.
You can choose traditional or mechanical cabinet locks if the price is lower, but the construction may be troublesome.
Besides, if there is no requirement on the price, you can choose password cabinet locks, electronic cabinet locks, fingerprint cabinet locks, etc.
How to install a cabinet lock?
Now let us introduce the actual process of installing cabinet locks. It’s not very difficult, but it requires careful concentration.
1, Installing locks on cabinet doors
1) Align the cabinet lock plate and the cabinet lock hook’s cabinet frame. It can be operated along the top, bottom, or side of the cabinet door.
Position the cabinet lock plate so that the notch’s edge faces outward to ensure that the cabinet lock can be caught and held when the door is closed.
2) Mark the screw holes on the lock plate of the cabinet with a pencil. Remove the cabinet locking plate and drill a hole in each pencil mark.
Please follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on the size of the drill bit, or make sure that the drill bit’s width is slightly smaller than the screws provided with the cabinet lock.
This allows the screws to firmly fix the cabinet locking plate to the cabinet frame without splitting the wood. want
3) Reinstall the cabinet lock plate and align the screw holes. Tighten the screws into each screw hole to secure the cabinet locking plate.
4) Measure the distance from the side edge and top to the installation cabinet’s locking plate.
Measure and mark the exact space on the back of the cabinet door to ensure that the cabinet lock and the cabinet lock plate are aligned—Mark the measurement with a pencil to determine the correct location.
5) Align the electromagnetic cabinet lock with the pencil mark. Lock the screw holes on the inside of the cabinet door through the cabinet. Remove the cabinet lock and drill a hole in each pencil mark.
6) Reinstall the cabinet lock and align the screw holes. Add and tighten screws in each screw hole to hold the cabinet lock.
7) Close the cabinet door, so the electromagnetic cabinet lock is stuck to the cabinet locking plate. You will not see any part of the cabinet lock.
Push the magnetic key to the outside of the cabinet door with the cabinet lock. This will trigger the magnet unlocking in the cabinet lock inside the cabinet.
Check our installing cabinet locks video.
2, How to install cabinet locks on a drawer?
If you have a drawer to store personal and private items (such as diaries), you may need to add a locker to the drawer to prevent others from entering. Installing a paddle lock may add appeal to your cabinet or dresser.
The cylindrical cabinet lock is small, easy to install, and good appearance when installed in a drawer. Measure the width of the drawer to purchase the correct size drawer lock.
Check our installing cabinet locks on a drawer
1) Confirm the installation location
First, determine the installation position of the cabinet lock body and the cabinet lock. You must confirm that the cabinet lock tongue of the cabinet lock body is buckled in the cabinet lock button’s slot.
2) Fixed cabinet lock position
Use 3M glue and glue-free to fix the position of the cabinet lock.
Before the nail-free glue is cured, the round double-sided tape plays a fixed role. Do not apply the nail-free glue to the double-sided tape.
Determine the depth of the cabinet lock in the cabinet according to different cabinet types
Measure the position of the cabinet lock installed on the drawer to determine the installation position of the cabinet lock body
3) Determine the installation position of the cabinet lock body
For such a cabinet type, measure the distance from the cabinet lock to the bottom of the cabinet and the distance to the side
Determine the corresponding height and position of the cabinet lock body according to the measurement cabinet lock and installation position. Ensure that the cabinet lock body is aligned with the cabinet lock button during installation.
4) Determine the position of the cabinet lock body
Ensure that the cabinet lock tongue of the cabinet lock body can be buckled in the slot of the cabinet lock buckle, and then fix the cabinet lock body
5) Trial opening
After completing the installation, you can open the cabinet lock to confirm the installation is correct and then close the drawer.