How to reset weiser smartcode 10?
Hi, I need help.
My Weiser SmartCode 10 lock didn’t work at all. Now I tried to reset it, but not working. Can you please assist me in resetting it?
Best Answered by
Resetting a Weiser SmartCode 10 (or similar Kwikset SmartCode locks) will restore it to its factory settings. This means all user codes will be deleted, and you’ll need to reprogram the lock after the reset.
Here’s how you can reset the Weiser SmartCode 10:
- Remove the battery pack.
- Press and HOLD the Program button while reinserting the battery pack. Keep holding the button for 30 seconds until the status LED flashes red.
- Press the Program button once more. When the LED flashes green, the lock has been reset.
A quick way to determine that the lock has been reset is to press the “Lock” button while the door is open. If the latch bolt does not extend to the lock, then the lock has been successfully reset.
Note: Once the lock is reset, it must re-learn the orientation of your door. Remove the battery pack and perform the Door handling process.
Door handling process:
- Press the Lock button while installing the battery pack (N). Hold the button until the latch bolt starts moving on its own.
- Did the latch bolt retract and extend independently when installing the battery pack?
- YES: The door-handling process was successful!
- NO: Remove the battery pack, wait 15 seconds, then attempt the last step again.
Now, you have completed the factory resetting of your Weiser SmartCode 10.