If you are using Schlage intelligent door locks and need help programming your Schlage lock.
For example, you’ve tried several times to program it using the instructions by Schlage, even though you have changed out batteries, unplugged/plugged in power, and tried using different combinations of numbers and codes. However, the Schlage programming code is still not working. What should you do?
In this article, we will discuss in detail what is Schlage programming code, why Schlage programming code not working, and how to make it work again.
What is Schlage programming code?
The Schlage Programming Code is a 6-digit number you use to program your Schlage lock. If you want to add user codes, delete user codes or enable/disable the vocation model, you will need this programming code.
Why is Schlage programming code not working
Several reasons your Schlage door lock may not be working properly. Here are the most common:
- Incorrect programming code. Maybe you entered the wrong programming code, so please ensure you’re using the correct programming code for your system and entering it correctly.
- A low battery or dead battery. Please make sure it is fully charged and working properly. Also, its battery may deplete if the lock has been installed for an extended period without being used to unlock or lock the door.
- Batteries are not installed correctly. Make sure that each battery connects to its correct contact point by gently pushing it until it clicks securely into place (you may need to use a pen or other thin object).
- The Schlage lock itself is faulty. In some cases where programming codes aren’t working as they should be, there may be some issue with your Schlage door lock that prevents its functioning properly; now, you need to contact Schlage support.
What to do when Schlage programming code not working?
If you have a Schlage lock and are trying to program it, but the Schlage programming code is not working, don’t worry! here are what you need to do:
1, Make sure you are using the correct programming code.
The most common mistake to make is to use an incorrect programming code. It is a good idea to double-check that you have the right one before trying anything else if your Schlage lock is not working as expected.
2, Replace the battery.
Suppose your old batteries are dead and need replacing. In that case, this may be causing the problem with your door lock system, especially if it has been installed in a very long time and has never been replaced since installation (or perhaps never even been changed at all).
3, Factory reset Schlage lock without programming code:
If none work, you must factory reset your keypad lock without using any programming code.
But for Different Schlage locks, the steps to factory reset without programming may be different; please check this article: How to Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without Programming Code.
Please note: that factory resetting will delete all your existing user codes, and the current programming code will be erased.
4, Find the Schlage default programming code
Afterfactoryctory reset of your Schlage locks, the default Programming code will be restored. You can find the Schlage default programming code in two places:
- Back of the Keypad: Please remove the exterior assembly and the keypad from the door to see this sticker.
- Front of your Schlage lock User Guide.
5, Change the default programming code
Once you have the default programming, now please change this default programming code to your personalized programming code you change with the following steps:
- Enter the original programming code (six-digit code). Wait for three Orange Lights + 3 Beeps.
- Press the Schlage button, and the keypad turns blue.
- Press the “3” buttons and wait for the Schlage button to show three Orange Lights + 3 Beeps
- Enter new programming code (six digits) and wait for the Schlage button to show three Orange Lights + 3 Beeps
- Re-enter the same new programming code (six digits)
- If Success! Schlage button will show 1 flash green Light + Long Beep.
Then you can use this new six-digit programming code to program your Schlage.
For more information about changing the code on your Schlage lock, please check this article: How To Change Code On Schlage Lock?
Schlage BE365 programming code is not working.
Schlage BE365 is another popular Schlage keypad lock, and it is widely used in homes, apartments, and rental house doors.
If your Schlage BE365 programming code is not working when you try to program lock, you can also check whether you are using the right programming code and the batteries first.
If still not ok, now you need to factory reset your Schlage BE365 and then change a new customized programming code. To reset Schlage BE365, please check: How to reset a Schlage keypad door lock?
For more information about Schlage BE365 troubleshooting, please visit Schlage BE365 Troubleshooting.
Schlage fe595 programming code not working
As mentioned above, no matter whether you have Schlage BE365 or Schlage FE575, when your Schlage FE575 programming code is not working, you have to check the batteries and ensure you are using the current programming code. Now you will have to Factory reset your Schlage FE575 and set a new six-digit programming code:
- Disconnect the battery.
- Press and release the Schlage button.
- The following steps must occur within 10 seconds: Reconnect the battery. The Schlage button or indicator light will light green for one second. Then, press and hold the Schlage button until it lights green and the lock beeps.
- Try entering one of the default User Codes. If it does not unlock the lock, start over at step 2.
For more information about Schlage FE575 troubleshooting, please visit Schlage FE595 Troubleshooting.
Schlage Sense programming code is not working.
Schlage sense programming code is a six-digit number that you can use to program and add additional functions to your Schlage Sense BE479 Touchscreen Deadbolt lock.
If your Schlage Sense BE479 programming code is not working, please ensure you have used the correct programming code, and the batteries are ok.
If both above are ok, please try to factory reset your Schlage Sense BE479 lock:
- Disconnect the batteries.
- Press and hold the Outside Schlage Button.
- While holding the Outside Schlage Button, reconnect the batteries.
- Release the Outside Schlage Button. If you are moving the lock to a new door, install the lock on that door before continuing.
- To check that the lock was reset, press the Outside Schlage Button and enter one of the default access codes.
- If the reset is successful, the lock will perform a setup routine. Wait until the bolt stops moving. The reset and setup are complete.
Then change your default programming code to your personalized programming code.
For more Schlage Sense problems and solutions, please check Schlage Sense Troubleshooting.
Schlage connects programming code not working.
Schlage Connect touchscreen deadbolt with alarm locks includes two models: BE468 and BE469.
Once your Schlage Connect BE469 and BE468 programming code are not working, maybe you lost or forgot it. Now please factory reset your Schlage Connect BE469 and BE468 lock.
But the factory reset process differs between Schlage Connect BE469 and BE468: Schlage Connect BE469 factory reset steps are the same as Schlage Sense BE479 lock. And the Schlage Connect BE468 factory reset steps are following:
- Disconnect your batteries.
- Press and hold down the logo. While you are pushing the logo, reconnect your batteries.
- Test your lock with one of your default codes on the back of this guide.
Then please change the default programming code, and you can use your new programming code to program your Schlage Connect locks. To know more about how to solve the Schlage Connect problems, please check Schlage Connect Troubleshooting.
Schlage Encode programming code is not working.
Schlage Encode lock is one of the most popular Schlage smart locks; it is compatible with the smart home app that allows you to control your Schlage Encode lock with your smartphone.
If your Schlage Encode programming code is not working, also you can solve this problem by factory resetting your Schlage Encode lock.
Please note that the Schlage encode lock’s factory reset steps are the same as the Schlage Connect BE468 lock.
If you have more Schlage Encode problems that need to solve, please check this article: Schlage Encode Troubleshooting.
So, we have gone through all the possible solutions for the problem, and you can use them to solve it. If you still face issues with Schlage programming code not working, please get in touch with ShineACS Locks at any time.
We have seen many reasons why the Schlage lock programming code is not working. You can easily fix this problem with the solutions given in this article. So, if you are facing any difficulties, don’t hesitate to contact us, and we will help you resolve them.