If you’ve encountered Schlage keypad lock troubleshooting, we are here to help. Below, we’ve outlined some common Schlage keypad lock issues and solutions. We hope this information enables you to resolve your problem and get back to enjoying your Schlage keypad locks!
If your Schlage keypad lock is completely inoperable, you can consider replacing another smart lock that can secure your home better and remotely via mobile app; check our TTlock smart lock.
Most common Schlage lock problems and troubleshooting
The Schlage lock is a popular electronic lock that you can use to secure your home or business. However, a few common issues can occur with this type of device. Below, we’ll go through the most common problems and how to fix them.
The Schlage keypad lock is not working.
If the Schlage keypad lock is not working, there are a few easy fixes you can try.
- First, make sure that your battery is fully charged and that it’s installed correctly. If they aren’t, remove them and reinstall them with fresh alkaline batteries (not rechargeable).
- If this doesn’t solve your problem, replace all four AA batteries with new ones (not rechargeables).
- If it’s still not working after this first step, try removing and reinstalling the battery.
- You can also check to see if any of the buttons on the keypad are jammed or broken off inside.
- If none of these methods works in fixing your Schlage auto-lock, you’ll need to take it apart and replace some internal parts yourself! Or contact Customer Service for further assistance at no charge within one year from the product’s purchase date.
Schlage keypad lock not working when cold.
- The keypad doesn’t work: First, try pressing the physical buttons on your deadbolt lock one by one at a time. If you find one that works, but others don’t, you may have found your problem (for example: maybe it’s just stuck). If all buttons still don’t work after trying this approach, then it’s possible that the circuit board inside has been damaged and needs replacement.
- It doesn’t work when cold: This issue happens because cold weather makes metal expand and contract more quickly than other materials (such as plastic), making it easier for remote connections between parts within your Schlage keypad lock system to break down.
Schlage locked the wrong code too many times.
- If you have tried entering multiple codes in a row without success, check that all batteries are installed correctly (they should be facing up).
- Also, ensure the battery contacts are clean and free from debris that could prevent them from contacting each other.
- If you’ve been entering the wrong code repeatedly without getting anywhere, someone has probably tried to gain access through another electronic device like an iPad or iPhone. If so, all you need to do is change the code on the Schlage lock! It will keep intruders from hacking into your system without having any negative repercussions!
The Schlage keypad lock keeps spinning.
The Schlage keypad lock keeps spinning. This can happen when you try to enter your code on a new Schlage deadbolt or it’s not programmed correctly. If you’re having this issue, follow these steps:
- Remove any old batteries from the lock and test them with new ones. If that doesn’t fix it, reset your programming by holding both outside buttons for 30 seconds. Then re-enter your code and test again.
- If your Schlage wireless deadbolt doesn’t open or close even though any code or fob did not activate it, there could be an issue with the motor inside.
Schlage keypad lock not working after battery change
Sometimes batteries will malfunction after being changed and need replacement before they work correctly. This can cause opening or closing doors issues because they weren’t appropriately replaced before installation!
When installing anything electronic like this one today, we need professional advice from someone who knows what type of battery should go into each part.
For more information about the Schlage keypad lock not working after the battery change, please check this article: Schlage Lock Not Working After Battery Change, What To Do?
Schlage keypad deadbolt not working
If you’re having trouble with your Schlage Keypad Deadbolt, there are a few things you can try before calling a locksmith:
- Make sure your deadbolt is not spinning inside the door. If it is, you may need to lubricate the lock. Look for the directions in your manual and follow them carefully to avoid damaging your keypad lock.
- Be sure that batteries are installed correctly on both sides of the unit (including any external battery pack). If installed incorrectly, this could cause issues with opening and closing your home’s doors or deadbolts, even if everything else seems fine!
Schlage encode lock is not working:
If your Schlage Encode lock is not working, please check this article to know how to solve it: Schlage Encode Troubleshooting.
Schlage Sense not working
If you have a Schlage Sense lock that is not working, please check this article to know more: Schlage Sense Troubleshooting.
Schlage Connect not working
If you are using a Schlage Connect touchscreen deadbolt lock and it is not working correctly, please visit this article to learn more: Schlage Connect Troubleshooting.
Schlage Programming Code Not Working
If your Schlage programming code not working, you can check this article to know more: Schlage Programming Code Not Working: What Need To Do?
Schlage BE365 troubleshooting
If you have problems with the Schlage BE365 lock not working, please check this troubleshooting guide: Schlage BE365 Troubleshooting.
Schlage FE595 troubleshooting
If you experience technical problems with your Schlage FE595 keypad door lock, please check this troubleshooting guide: Schlage FE595 troubleshooting.
Schlage lock light code means and solution.
Problem 1: I can unlock my deadbolt by pushing the Schlage button. I don’t need a code.
- Green Blinking: Your Lock has been installed incorrectly and is not secure. Repeat the installation process. Ensure the cam and bolt positions are correct, as referenced in the installation instructions. Browse answers.schlage.com and search “Installing BE365” for a video.
Problem 2: After pushing and rotating the thumb turn, the deadbolt does not extend.
- None light: Lock and Leave feature is disabled.
Problems 3: After entering my User Code, the lock flashes green, but I cannot unlock the lock.
- High Green Blinking: Lock Override is enabled and should be disabled.
Problem 3: Outside thumb turn does not freely spin after the deadbolt is thrown.
- No light: The Lock is malfunctioning. Disable the keypad by enabling lock Override.
Problem 4: I forgot my Programming Code.
- None light: Check the front of this guide or the back of the keypad assembly for the default Programming Code. If needed, restore the lock to factory settings.
Problem 5: I need to delete a user code I don’t remember.
- None light: Delete all User Codes. Then add all needed User Codes back into the lock.
Problem 6: The user Code does not unlock the lock.
- Red: The user Code entered is not valid.
- Green then Red: Vacation Mode is enabled.
Problem 7: does not light when numbers are pressed.
- None light: Too many incorrect User Codes have been entered. Wait 30 seconds and try again.
- If the keypad does not respond after 30 seconds, replace the battery.
Problems 8: There is a delay before unlocking after a valid User Code is entered.
- Red then Green: Battery is low and should be replaced.
Problems 9: blinking red, but no codes have been entered.
- Quick Red Blinking: Battery is dead and MUST be replaced.
Problems 10: Cannot add a new User Code.
- Red: 19 User Codes already exist. Delete a User Code before adding a new one.
- The second User Code entered did not match the first User Code entered.
- The User Code matches the first four digits of the existing Programming Code.
Problem 11: Cannot delete a User Code.
- Red: The second user code entered did not match the first one.
Problem 12: Cannot change Programming Code.
- Red: Second Programming Code entered did not match the first Programming Code entered.
- The first four digits of the new Programming Code match an existing User Code.
Problems 13: Cannot delete all User Codes.
- Red: Programming Code entered a second time is incorrect.
Problem 14: The Lock will not stay in programming mode
- Red: Any key other than was pressed immediately after programming mode was entered.
- An incorrect entry was made during the programming process.
How to lock Schlage lock?
For different models of Schlage locks, there is little difference when locking a Schlage lock.
How to lock the Schlage keypad without the key?
- Press the Schlage button or the Lock button.
- The lock will lock. The green check mark will light once.
- If the Schlage lock has a thumb turn, rotate the thumb turn away from the hinges.
- If the Lock & Leave feature is disabled, a valid User Code must be entered to lock the door.
- Keyless touchscreen locks are always locked from the outside by default.
- If the bolt cannot fully extend, the red X will light, and a tone will sound. The door may remain unlocked!
How to lock the Schlage keypad from the inside?
Just rotate the Inside Thumbturn or lever.
How to lock an automatic Schlage lock?
You must enable the auto-lock function first if your Schlage locks support auto-locking. When Auto-Lock is enabled, the lock will automatically re-lock itself 30 seconds after being unlocked. This feature is disabled by default.
To enable auto-lock:
- Press Schlage Button
- Enter6 digit programming code
- Press the “9” button.
- One blink +1 beep, enable successfully.
How to unlock Schlage lock?
How to unlock the Schlage lock from the outside?
- Press the Outside Schlage Button.
- Enter a User Code into the keypad.
- Rotate the thumb turn or the lever to open the door. The door will automatically re-lock.
If lighting is low, press the Schlage button to illuminate the touchscreen numbers before beginning.
The green success check mark will flash twice, and one beep will sound. The deadbolt will unlock. If the red error X lights, the User Code is not valid.
How to unlock the Schlage lock from the inside?
- Rotate the Inside Thumbturn or lever
Please note: The Inside Schlage Button will not unlock the deadbolt. It is used to program and control the alarm.
How to open Schlage lock remotely?
You can open a Schlage lock remotely by using the Schlage lock app.
How to open Schlage lock with a key?
If your Schlage keypad locks have a keyhole, such as Schlage connect, Schlage Sense, Schlage Encode, and Schlage keypad deadbolt locks, you can use a key to open Schlage locks.
To open the Schlage lock with a key, insert your key and Rotate the key to the right.
How to open Schlage lock without a code or key?
Schlage Touch Keyless Touchscreen locks(BE375 and FE695) have no keyholes, and if you have no code to open them, you can now use emergency jump to unlock them.
To use the emergency battery jump to unlock Schlage locks.
- Connect a new high-quality alkaline 9-volt battery to the contacts below the touchscreen keypad. Keep the battery connected to the jump start contacts as you unlock your door.
- Enter a User Code into the keypad.
- Rotate the lever to open the door
- Replace the dead battery with the new 9-volt battery.
How to reset the Schlage keypad lock?
Schlage keypad locks default code.
Default User Codes and Programming Codes are located on the sticker on the back of this guide! You will need these if you ever need to reset your lock to factory default settings!
The sticker also contains your serial number, which may be needed for warranty and customer service support.
Instructions for adding and deleting User Codes, changing the lock behavior, troubleshooting, customer service, and more are explained in this guide!
How to reset the Schlage keypad lock?
If you’ve forgotten your code and need to reset your keypad, here are steps to reset your Schlage keypad lock without programming code.
If you want to know more about resetting the Schlage keypad locks, please check this article: How to Reset a Keypad Door Lock? The Precise Reset Steps
There are many ways to get help with your Schlage lock. Let’s review them to know where to go if you need assistance.
Schlage Support Number: If you prefer to talk to a person to get support:
- Schlage Residential (US): For products installed on single-family homes: 888-805-9837
- Schlage Commercial (US) For products installed on institutional, retail, or healthcare buildings:877-671-7011
Schlage Support Email: You can also fill out the contact form on their website here: https://www.schlage.com/en/home/contact-us.html
For more Schlage Support FAQ, please visit https://www.schlage.com/en/home/support/faqs.html.
To visit Schlage Support how to center, please visit: https://www.schlage.com/en/home/support/how-to-center.html
Schlage Lock Manual
If you’re dealing with a Schlage keypad lock, here you want to find some Schlage keypad lock user manual for your reference; here is what you need:
Schlage lock repair
Schlage keypad lock repair is an easy process. There could be several reasons if you have a Schlage keypad lock and it’s not working. There could be a problem with the device’s battery or electronics.
Before attempting to repair your Schlage keypad lock, ensure you are familiar with its parts and how they work together.
Before trying to fix any problems with your keypad door lock, determine if there’s a problem with your battery or something wrong inside the device itself.
To test this theory out yourself, change the batteries with new ones and see if this fixes your issue – if so, then it was likely just a faulty battery connection (in which case you can use some electrical tape).
Here we have covered some of the most common problems people might encounter with their Schlage keyless entry door lock and provided solutions.
By following all the troubleshooting tips outlined in this article, you can quickly fix almost any issue with your Schlage keypad lock that may arise.
If you’re still having trouble with your Schlage keypad lock, please contact ShineACS Locks anytime.
More articles about Schlage lock troubleshooting: