Schlage be365 is an intelligent door lock for your home, but it can be frustrating when you run into issues. This can be especially true with the Schlage Be365 Troubleshooting guide, which can help you fix common problems with this lock.
What is Schlage be365 lock?
Schlage Be365 is a battery-powered smart lock with a keypad for residential homes. It’s easy to use, works with most door types and has a modern design. The Schlage Be365 is easy to install and gives you complete control over who has access to your home.
You can also change the default code on your Schlage be365 without damaging anything if you forget it, have been locked out by mistake, or even if someone else changes it.
Schlage be365 parts
The main Schlage Be365 components include the following parts:
- Schlage Be365 Battery: The Schlage BE365 battery is a lithium battery installed into the inside lock case. This battery powers all functions on your lock, including automatic keypad entry, locking, and unlocking.
- Schlage Be365 Cylinder: The cylinder is an internal component of your Schlage Be365 that allows you to use keys to open the door in emergencies. Especially when you forget your code and the battery is dead, you will have to use the key to insert the cylinder to open the door.
- Schlage Button: Schlage Button is the most operation button for your Schlage Be365 lock; almost all lock operations need to enter the Schlage button first.
- Schlage keypad: The Schlage keypad is mainly used to enter your door code to open or program your lock.
- The Schlage Be365 outside thumbturn: Used to open the lock after entering the correct code or to lock the lock after the Schlage button has been pressed.
- The Schlage Be365 inside thumbturn: Used to lock or unlock the lock from inside.
Why is the Schlage be365 lock not working?
If you’re experiencing issues with your Schlage Be365 lock, there are a few reasons you can do to troubleshoot the problem. These include:
- Schlage Be365 lock battery die. Ensure the batteries are fully inserted, fully charged, and appropriately aligned. The batteries should be replaced every couple of years, so make sure they’re not dead or low on power.
- Wrong configurations: You must ensure that the Schlage Be365 lock is configured correctly for your door and its locking system.
- You Are Using invalid code: confirm what code is being used by ensuring it matches what was programmed into the system before installing it.
- Cam Arm problem. Ensure no obstructions prevent your cam arm from opening completely when using your code on the Schlage Be365 lock. In some cases, dirt or grime can get in between the metal parts of your lock and prevent them from working correctly.
- Test your system to see if other locks work correctly or not. If other locks in your system work, but this one does not, then it’s most likely an issue with this particular lock rather than a problem with your entire security system.
- Schlage be365 components damaged, such as cracks or scratches on its exterior case or faceplate. If so, consider replacement of damaged parts as well as other possible causes of failure such as wrong installation or malfunctioning power source (battery).
Common Schlage be365 problems and troubleshooting
Schlage be365 won’t engage the turn and spins outside
If the door lock has a problem engaging the turn, it’s probably because of a defect with the device. The Schlage Be365 may have been damaged during shipping or delivery and needs to be returned for repairs.
- Check if any other locks are affected by this problem. If they aren’t, maybe it’s just the Schlage Be365 that needs repairing. In that case, you should contact customer support ASAP so they can send another one immediately!
- Suppose other locks do experience this problem too, then. In that case, there may be something wrong with them, not just one specific model.
- If everything else seems OK, but nothing happens when trying to turn on/off lights, then most likely there’s something wrong with your power supply.
Forgot Schlage be365 digit programming code or Programming Code Not Working
You will have to reset your lock if you forget your Schlage Be365 programming code and can not add a new user or program it.
Please check this article to learn how to reset the Schlage Be365 lock: How to Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without Programming Code?
Schlage be365 deadbolt stuck in the locked position
If your Schlage Be365 deadbolt is stuck in the locked position, you’ll need to manually override the lock to get it open. This can be accomplished by rotating your key 180 degrees counterclockwise and inserting it into the lock. Use as much force as necessary to turn it until you hear a click.
Schlage be365 lock working backward
If you have a Schlage BE365 deadbolt working backward, here is what you need to do:
- Remove the battery from your Schlage BE365 lock.
- Next, remove all the screws on the inside of your door, and then remove those same screws on each side of your deadbolt unit (about 12 total).
- Once those screws are removed, place your flathead screwdriver between the faceplate and latch assembly and gently pry them apart.
- This should separate two pieces: one with a battery compartment cover and one without.
- On top of these two pieces is an electrical plug connecting both parts; pull this plug out so that you can see clearly inside both parts at once—this will help as we go through our troubleshooting process below!
Schlage be365 lock not working after battery change
If you’re having trouble with your Schlage Be365 lock after changing the battery, the problem could be several things.
- First, you must check that your lock isn’t locked or stuck in the locked position.
- Make sure you are using the correct battery and install it correctly.
Schlage be365 keypad not working
The Schlage keypad is essential to your Schlage Be365 because it allows you to enter your passcode and unlock or lock your door. If this button stops working correctly, there are several ways you can solve this problem.
- Ensure the batteries are correctly installed and have sufficient charge.
- Check whether the debris was caught between it and its case—this can cause issues when pressing down on either side.
- If no debris is present and nothing seems amiss visually with the button (such as cracks), try resetting its circuit board by holding both sides simultaneously until they click back into place.
- Reset your lock if it’s stopped working for no apparent reason.
- Finally, if none of these options seem viable for whatever reason, then contact us so we can assist!
If you have more Schlage lock problems and need troubleshooting, please visit this article: Schlage Keypad Lock Troubleshooting: Step by Step Guide.
Schlage BE365 Programming
Schlage BE365 Programming includes a lot of operations, such as adding user code, deleting user code, changing programming code, deleting all user code, etc.
But all of the above operations will need to know the Schlage BE365 default program code now; let’s try to know where it is:
Schlage be365 Button Signals
When you try to lock, unlock or program your Schlage BE365 Lock, the “Schlage Button” will show three different color signals to help you know whether your operation has succeeded.
- Orange: Programming mode
- Green: a correct user code was entered, or the programming process is complete
- Red: an incorrect user code was entered; there was an error in programming; low batteries; red blinking indicates critically low battery
Schlage BE365 default program code
When you get a new Schlage BE365 lock and are ready to program it, you first need to check the default programming code. The default programming code is located at the back of the keypad (also, you can find it on your Schlage BE365 user manual.
How to program Schlage BE365?
To program your Schlage BE365, please see the following steps:
Please note all programming operations; the first step1 and step 2, are the same:
Step 1: Enter your programming code and wait for the “Schlage Button,” which shows three orange Lights +3 beeps.
Step 2: Press”Schlage Button” until the “Schlage Button” turns blue.
Step 3: Adding user code:
- Press “1” on the Schlage keypad and wait for the “Schlage Button” shows 3 Orange Lights +3 Beeps,
- Enter your new user code (four digital numbers). then wait for the “Schlage Button” shows 3 Orange Lights +3 Beeps,
- Enter the same new user code again.
Step 3:Delete user code:
- Press “2” and wait for Schlage Button 3 Orange Lights +3 Beeps,
- Enter the Unwanted user code (four numbers). Wait for Schlage Button 3 Orange Lights +3 Beeps,
- Enter Same Unwanted user code
Step 4:Success! Now the “Schlage Button” shows 1 Green Light + Long Beep.
How to Change the Default Programming Code on Schlage be365?
- Enter your programming code and wait for the “Schlage Button,” which shows three orange Lights +3 beeps.
- Press the “Schlage Button” until the “Schlage Button” turns blue.
- Press “3” and wait for Schlage Button 3 Orange Lights +3 Beeps,
- Enter New Programming Code(six-digit numbers), then wait for the “Schlage Button” shows 3 Orange Lights +3 Beeps
- Enter the same new programming code again.
- Success! Now the “Schlage Button” shows 1 Green Light + Long Beep.
For more about how to change the code on Schlage lock, please check this article: How To Change Code On Schlage Lock? Step by Step Guide.
Schlage be365 locking and unlocking
- Schlage be365 locking: Press Schlage Button, and 2. Rotate the thumbturn away from the hinges. And hold the lock or unlock button.
- Schlage be365 unlocking: Enter a correct user code into the keypad and then rotate the thumb to turn toward the hinges.
Schlage be365 batteries change.
Replace the battery for your Schlage BE365 is necessary when your lock stop working or the battery die. Here are Schlage BE365 battery changing steps:
- Use a screwdriver to remove two screws from the bottom of the lock and lift off the cover plate.
- Remove the inside cover.
- Remove old batteries by pulling them out;
- install new Lithium batteries in their place.
- Replace the cover plate and tighten screws using a Phillips screwdriver
- to test your Schlage BE365 lock!
Schlage be365 Key Override
If your Schlage BE365 battery dies, or you forget your user code, but you have backup keys beside. Now you can try to use key override for emergencies.
However, to ensure that you don’t forget about using this feature and accidentally lock yourself out of your house.
- Insert the key into the cylinder.
- Rotate the key 90° toward the hinges.
- Push the key and cylinder into the thumb turn.
- Rotate the thumbturn 90° toward the hinges.
Schlage be365 lock Override
If the keypad of Schlage BE365 Lock had broken and you don’t want to use the keypad to unlock anymore, now you can use lock override to disable the keypad.
But please note: After Schlage BE365 lock override, you will have to use a key to unlock the lock.
If you want to override the lock manually, here is what you need to do:
- Remove the inside cover
- Disconnect and remove the battery.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver to rotate the lock override slot to lockout.
- Re-tuck wires so they will not be crimped.
- Replace the cover.
Schlage be365 factory reset
If you have forgotten the access code to your Schlage Be365, please check this article to know how to reset Schlage Be365: How to Reset a Keypad Door Lock? The Precise Reset Steps
Schlage be365 manual
If you have more questions about Schlage Be365 operation problems and troubleshooting requests, please check this Schlage Be365 user manual:
Schlage BE365 is an adorable lock with many features that can make your life easier if used properly.
However, if you don’t know how to use them, it will only cause problems instead of solving them! We hope this article has helped you troubleshoot any issues with your Schlage BE365 door lock so that you can enjoy all its benefits without any problems.
More Schlage lock troubleshooting: