How to reset Schlage Camelot electronic keypad without programming code?
Hello. I need to remove an old roommate’s code from my Schlage Camelot electronic keypad and don’t know the system’s 6-digit code. Can someone please help me and call me at 908-512-9139?
Best Answered by
The Schlage Camelot electronic keypad locks are designed with security in mind. Unfortunately, you’ll typically need to perform a factory reset if you don’t have the system’s programming code.
The reset will clear all the codes, including the old roommate’s, and restore the lock to its factory settings. You’ll have to reprogram your user codes as well.
Here are the steps to perform a factory reset Schlage Camelot without programming code:
- Disconnect the battery.
- Press and hold the Outside Schlage Button.
- While holding the Outside Schlage Button, reconnect the batteries.
- Release the Outside Schlage Button.
- To check that the lock was reset, press the Outside Schlage Button and enter one of the Default User Codes.
- If the reset is successful, the lock will perform a setup routine. Wait until the bolt stops moving. The reset and setup are complete.
The lock is reset to factory defaults, and the default programming code is restored ( refer to your user guide to confirm). You can use this to reprogram your user codes.
Remember, this should only be done as a last resort if you’ve lost or forgotten your programming code, as it will erase all your programmed settings.
It’s always recommended to write down your programming code and user codes and store them in a safe place. If you cannot perform these steps, or they don’t work for some reason, contact Schlage’s customer service for further assistance.