How to reset Schlage BE365 keypad lock?
Today, I tried to add a new user code to my Schlage BE365 keypad lock, but it looks like my master code is not correct and not working.
I think I should factory reset it and set a new master code, would you please help?
Best Answered by
Certainly! If you’ve lost or forgotten the master code for your Schlage BE365 keypad lock, performing a factory reset is a good way to restore the default settings. Here’s how you can do it:
Factory Resetting Schlage BE365 Keypad Lock:
- Remove the Battery Cover: On the inside part of the door, remove the lock cover to access the battery compartment.
- Disconnect the Battery: Remove one of the batteries.
- Press and Release the Schlage Button: Press and release the Schlage button on the front of the lock while the battery is disconnected.
- Reconnect the Battery: Now, please reconnect the battery. The Schlage button or indicator light will light green for one second. Then, press and hold the Schlage button until it lights green and the lock beeps. Finish this step in 10 seconds.
- Test the Default Programming Code: The default programming code for the Schlage BE365 is usually
0000. Try using this code to add a new user code and ensure the reset was successful.
- Set a New Master Code: Once you’ve confirmed the reset, it’s a good idea to change the default programming code to a new master code that you’ll remember.
Changing the Programming Code:
- Enter the Current Programming Code: Enter the current programming code (default is
0000if you’ve just reset it).
- Press the Schlage Button: Press the Schlage button followed by
- Enter the New Programming Code: Enter your desired new programming code (6 digits).
- Re-enter the New Programming Code: Confirm the new code by entering it again.
- Green Checkmark: If you see the green checkmark flash, the new programming code has been set successfully.
Remember to store your new master code in a safe place where you can access it if needed, but away from potential intruders. If you continue to experience issues, consider reaching out to Schlage’s customer support or consulting the user manual for further guidance.
For more Schlage BE365 problems and troubleshooting, please check this article: Schlage BE365 Troubleshooting: Detailed Troubleshooting Guide.