How to connect Lockly to wifi?
I had removed my Lockly lock from my old house door and installed it on my other door. I want to connect it with WIFI; I can control it with the Lockly app anywhere and anytime. How to do this?
Best Answered by
If you’ve relocated your Lockly lock to a different door and want to connect it to Wi-Fi for remote access, you’ll need to ensure you have the Lockly Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub, which acts as a bridge between the lock and your Wi-Fi network. Here’s how to set it up:
- Prepare Your Lockly Device:
- Ensure your Lockly lock is installed correctly and powered on.
- Ensure you have the Lockly Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub to connect your lock to Wi-Fi. Some Lockly models might come with this or be a separate purchase.
- Download the Lockly App:
- If you haven’t already, download the Lockly app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices). Create an account and sign in.
- Reset and Re-pair Your Lock with the App:
- Since you’ve moved the lock, resetting its settings is a good idea.
- Open the Lockly app and remove the old lock profile (if it’s still there).
- Tap the “+” or “Add Device” option to add the lock again.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Lockly lock with the app using Bluetooth.
- Connect the Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub:
- Plug the Lockly Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub into a power outlet. It should be within 10 feet of the lock for optimal connection.
- Connect the hub to your home’s Wi-Fi network. This is typically done through the Lockly app.
- Pair the Hub with the Lock:
- In the Lockly app, go to the settings of your paired lock.
- Find an option related to Wi-Fi or the Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your lock with the hub.
- Test the Connection:
- Once connected, try locking and unlocking your door using the Lockly app while on Wi-Fi to ensure everything works correctly.
- If you’re having trouble connecting, ensure your home’s Wi-Fi network works correctly, and the Wi-Fi signal is strong near the lock and hub.
- Restart the hub and the lock if necessary.
- Ensure you’re using the correct Wi-Fi password when connecting the hub.
Remember, once connected to Wi-Fi, you can control your Lockly lock remotely, receive notifications, and integrate with other smart home devices or platforms, depending on your Lockly model and its features.
For more Lockly lock problems and troubleshooting, please check this article: Lockly Troubleshooting: What if Lockly Not Working Properly?