How to change battery on Schlage BE365?
Hi, I need to change my Schlage BE 365 battery. it beeps often and shows me the low battery, but I lost my user manual. Please help.
Best Answered by
Changing the battery on a Schlage BE365 keypad deadbolt is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
- Access the Inside Cover:
- The Schlage BE365 has an inside cover that protects the battery and internal mechanisms.
- To remove this cover, locate the two screws at the top and bottom of the inside assembly. Unscrew these using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Locate the Battery:
- Once the inside cover is removed, you should see the battery compartment. The Schlage BE365 typically uses a 9-volt battery.
- Remove the Old Battery:
- Disconnect the battery connector from the old battery. This should be a simple snap connection. Gently pull the connector off the battery terminals.
- Insert the New Battery:
- Connect the battery connector to the new 9-volt battery. Ensure that the connection is secure and that the battery is oriented correctly.
- Place the battery back into its compartment.
- Test the Lock:
- Before reassembling everything, it’s a good idea to test the lock to ensure the new battery works properly. Enter your code on the keypad and ensure the lock engages and disengages as expected.
- Reattach the Inside Cover:
- Once the lock is functioning correctly with the new battery, reattach the inside cover. Align it properly and then tighten the screws at the top and bottom.
- Monitor Battery Life:
- The Schlage BE365 will typically give a low battery warning when the battery needs replacement. This is usually indicated by a repeated keypad flashing or beeping sound after a button is pressed. It’s a good idea to replace the battery when you notice these signs to ensure uninterrupted operation.
Always use a high-quality battery for the best performance and longer life. Avoid mixing old and new batteries or different types of batteries.