As one of China’s most professional hotel door lock system suppliers, we have encountered many customers who have consulted us about troubleshooting ONTIY hotel locks and replacing old Onity locks.
So, this article will help you with necessary Onity locks troubleshooting. Let’s get started.
What Hotels use Onity Locks?
Before moving ahead, you must know that Onity locks are among the most accepted and integrated lock systems worldwide.
Onity locks are currently used by many of the world’s leading hotel chains. When staying at one of these properties, you can expect to find an Onity electronic lock installed on your room door. The specific type of Onity lock you encounter will depend on the model chosen by the property.
Some well-known hotels using Onity Locks are Sheraton in Florida and Connecticut, Hyatt Regency in Florida, Hotel Mulia, Jakarta, Cheju, South Korea, International Aiport Hotel, Shanghai, Shangri La, Dalian, and Marriot Champs, Elysees.
Why Are Onity Locks So Popular?
You might have understood that Onity is undoubtedly a brand for hotel lock systems from the above-given list of hotels. But, what’s the reason behind this popularity?
Because they are:
- Simple and easy to use (for your guests)
- Easy to repair and replace (for you)
- Very reliable (again, for you)
Second, they have a perfect variety of several hotel door locks.
Moreover, their locks are available in varying sizes, shapes, and looks. The brand is also responsible for enhancing the popularity of electronic door locks, following its model’s simplistic design and extensive reliability.
What Onity Lock Parts List Include?
Now, here we go to check out the Onity lock part list.
There are several parts in an electronic lock, so that you can find most of them listed here.
- Onity Strike Plate: This little plate is one of the key elements of the door as it supports connection with the door jamb to ensure proper locking.
- HT Control Board: Based on the type of your programmer, you can get these boards to harness the electronic utility of Onity locks.
- HT Battery Board: This board is the powerhouse of the HT24 lock and can hold the 4AA batteries.
- HT Card Reader: The Onity lock parts list contains this card reader, making locking and opening the door swift for the guests.
- HT Weather Gasket: The gasket is related to the application of exterior corridor matters.
- Clutch Kit: To handle Onity lock troubleshooting, you must get a hold of this clutch kit. It can be used in times when the existing clutch stops working.
- Corbin Lock case: As the name suggests, a lock case is the shell of the lock system fitted in a door.
- HT Privacy Cable: The cable moves from the back towards the deadbolt position switch via the door.
There are many more parts, including the Onity HT24 door wrap cover plate, Onity Face Plate, Toledo Inside Handle, Inside Back Plate, Cylindrical Latch, Toledo Outside Handle, RFID Reader Head, RFID Complete Lockset, Falcon Lock case, Lock Back Plate, and Inside Back Cover of Onity.
Most Common Used Onity Hotel Lock Model
Though Onity has several models and varieties, the company also focuses on ensuring a low profile. The business has the only division of hotel locks.
Furthermore, the company has simply two models, and they pride themselves on being available worldwide. These two models are Onity HT22 Lock and Onity HT24 Lock.
Onity HT22 Lock
You can use the HT22 for guestroom doors, interior doors, and secured areas. The Onity HT22 lock is easy to install and program, requires very little maintenance, and it’s secure.
Before performing Onity Lock troubleshooting for the HT22 lock, you need to know about it. The critical things include that these locks are quite convenient to operate. They are perfectly versatile and reliable as well.
Though the company provides support and troubleshooting, you may have to focus on the frequency of issues.
Onity HT22 lock Troubleshooting
Onity lock troubleshooting begins with the increasing errors in opening and closing lock systems. Different signs and lights within the HT22 lock will highlight the required troubleshooting.
The Onity HT22 manual provides a specific checklist to help you determine the cause of the problem.
Sometimes, a quick fix can be all you need to get your HT22 lock working again. If none of the suggestions below help resolve your issue, go through the entire reset procedure.
- Remove and reinsert the battery to ensure no cap or debris is blocking the contacts.
- If that doesn’t work, try replacing the battery with a new one.
- You may also need to reprogram your lock.
Onity HT24 Lock
The next on the list is the HT24 lock model. The Onity HT24 lock is a stand-alone magnetic stripe lock. It takes to power through the 4 AA alkaline batteries. One of the critical features of the lock is that it changes the code automatically.
The HT24 is one of the most versatile door locks that exist today. Their reliability makes them ideal for hotels because they have a longer lifespan than other electronic door locks. This model allows you to control which guests gain access to certain parts of your building through various ways (card keys, phone apps, etc.).
The code has been changed for all the new guests who make a check-in within the room. All the new Guest Cards will automatically void the previous guest card. Likely, the locks are also going to accept the new master card.
The same goes with the master card as well. Any previous master card will be void once the new master card has been used on the lock.
Onity HT24 Lock Troubleshooting
HT24 locks are further designed to provide extensive experience in trouble-free service.
The Onity HT24 locks also undergo specific issues, for which preventive measures are performed from time to time in the lock.
Common faults of the HT24 lock include:
- Failure of battery connection.
- Faulty electronics.
The issue is caused by the positive and negative terminals coming loose from the contact surface of their respective contacts, which are not appropriately welded during manufacturing.
This can be repaired by bending the battery terminals to make them larger so that they make more contact with their respective surfaces when inserted into the lock.
What Does Onity Door Lock Light Codes Mean?
The card key system of Onity has several codes to show the lock’s status.
However, there are two lights, i.e., red and green LED. They are individually or jointly programmed to help the user determine the reason behind their non-functionality. So, here are the things,
- Only Green Light: The guest or the user has inserted a valid card.
- Only Red Light: It implies that you have inserted an invalid card.
- Red Light After 6 Seconds: The card cannot be read.
- Robust Red and Green Lights: The user has to enter the pin.
- Blinking Green Light: The door is not locked, and users can enter the room without inserting the card.
- Blinking Red Light: The door is blocked.
- Alternating Red and Green Lights: The deadbolt of the lock is engaged or beyond the acceptable time zone.
- Robust Green With Blinking Red: The lock needs a battery or power.
Other Common Onity Lock Faults
Before you are ready to fix these common Onity lock faults, there are a few things you can check yourself:
- Ensure that the door handles are in good condition and not bent or broken, as this can prevent them from working correctly.
- Check that the lock itself is free of debris and in working order. If it’s damaged or worn out, you may need to get a replacement part or have an expert look at it before further troubleshooting.
- Ensure the batteries are still good in both locks (one keypad and one on each door).
- If they’re dead, replace them or use another set. This should solve most issues right away!
- There can be several issues with the lock systems. Here we have mentioned some of them with their basic troubleshooting.
Onity Door Lock Not Locking
There have been certain instances where the Onity door lock has been tried to be closed, but the door remains open.
So, in this situation, here is what happens. The most probable reason for the same could be that the switch on the lock would have ceased to operate and complete the locking mechanism. It would have further affected the door lock due to deformation within the metal strap on the door frame.
You can solve this issue by relocating the metal strap in its actual position, and the switch will be able to do the locking again.
Check that the door is closed and latched correctly (not blocked by foreign objects). If your lock still doesn’t lock, ensure it’s the indoor mode and the lights are working correctly.
If all else fails, open the control panel and check connections. Ensure cables are firmly attached on both ends and that they have not been damaged by excessive force or sharp objects.
Onity Door Lock Not Opening
If you have the issue where your Onity lock will not open, there could be multiple reasons, as mentioned in the manual of the Onity Locks.
However, the first thing you need to do is understand why your door lock isn’t opening. You can check out the lights and accordingly decode the reason. Different reasons or issues have varying solutions.
Maybe the battery voltage is too low for the lock to operate correctly. Replace the batteries according to the onity lock troubleshooting guide above.
For instance, if there is a red light, it would mean that card has been read, and the system has decided to reject the card. To handle the issue, you can connect with the front desk console.
Mostly, such issues are due to errors in the encoding phase. Hence, the READ function would be able to tackle the situation quickly.
Moreover, the manual has provided solutions for problems displayed by different lights.
Although, before moving to any Onity locks troubleshooting, you must know the date of expiry and time, the validity of the card for the said room, and if another guest has been checked into the room; hence, the original guest card is not functional.
Once all these elements are checked and confirmed, you can proceed with a portable programmer and click on the TEST option in the Menu. It will then show the reason for the Onity lock failure.
Onity Key Card Not Working
If a guest key isn’t working in a guestroom lock, you can begin the Onity locks troubleshooting by starting from the READ function. It can be done to understand that the key is accurate. It can be done with the help of the HT22 system, through which you need to know if the key is encoded for the fitting room.
There can be many reasons a guest key would get rejected from the lock. One of the general reasons is the card’s expiry, or probably it’s not valid.
If either is not the case, the guest must consult with the hotel staff and find out why the Onity lock is not working. The team may find the reason to be the card’s invalidity. Hence, they must encode it then correctly for the specific guest.
Onity Lock Reader Not Responding With any Key (Guest Or Master)
One of the cases has happened where an Onity lock reader was not responding to any of the keys. The user tried to enter the key, but the lock couldn’t read and further responded to not just the guest key but the master key as well.
So, one of the reasons for this issue could be a faulty RFID reader module. Or another reason could be a battery issue. You may have to consult the staff and the technical expert for either reason. After analyzing the accurate fault, it may involve changing the lock reader or reprogramming it.
Onity Lock No Light Blinking
If there is no light on your Onity Lock, it’s probably the case of your lock gone dead. In such a situation, you must contact the support team of Onity. Troubleshooting can be applied to the locks that show light.
If there is no light, don’t hurry. Wait for some time, and it may show a red light, for which you can take the necessary steps.
Onity Lock was Not Reading Card
Some people have highlighted that Onity locks have this recurring issue of cards not being read. They have to use the machine and then open the lock.
So, the first thing to do is check the light signals. It will help in analyzing the cause of the issue. Besides, one of the common causes of card keys not being read is dirt.
The front desk could be a busy place, so the cards may get debris, which should be cleaned to be correctly encoded and read at the required times. If the problem still exists, kindly consult the authority.
Onity Lock was not beeping.
The signal volume on your system may be turned down or off entirely due to guest requests. Go into programming mode on your system to adjust signal volume (refer to user manual).
Onity Lock Repair
Getting the perfect repair for your Onity Locks is highly requisite. There are different ways through which you can get the job done.
Mostly, big hotels have their on-spot locksmiths, who take care of such issues in no time. But for, small hotels need a proper solution. Check out available alternatives.
One of the easiest ways to correct your Onity lock is by calling an expert locksmith. You can get a locksmith online and around your local area. However, there are certain things you need to ensure.
First, your Onity locksmith should provide a complete analysis of the damage done to the lock. They should have a tracking and signature number for your repair order. Ensure they don’t charge you excess concerning the type of repair required.
And lastly, the Onity lock parts they use must be new and in good shape.
Call After-Sale Service
Onity provides an after-sale service on all its lock models. You can get all your requirements done through Onity locks support. The things they provide include
- Alternate locks, additional keycards, reliable replacement parts along with other necessary tools,
- Added perimeter and add-ons for the guestroom.
- More front desk add-ons as well as tools.
Replace Broken Parts
The last option is to check the issue with the lock and get the specific part of the lock replaced. Broken parts of the lock may include a deadbolt, broken keycards, broken plates, and more. There are several areas where you can get these replacements.
Onity Lock Support
Onity is a brand; hence, they maintain that status by providing a convenient Onity Lock Support service. Their services would incorporate,
Onity Door Locks Manual
There are several manuals as per the model and its versions. You can check out the manuals on the links given below.
– HT22 USER MANUAL: https://ebusiness.onity.com/download.php?file=downloads/cms/HT22user_English+v10+0.pdf
– HT24 USER MANUAL: https://ebusiness.onity.com/download.php?file=downloads/cms/HT28v6+2+Aug+2013.pdf
These manuals have featured all the necessary troubleshooting and proper guidance on using the specific lock model in the property. We have mentioned the Onity HT22 lock model version 10 and the Onity HT24 and HT28 lock models.
Onity Locks Customer Service Number
Further, you can also find support for Onity lock issues at their customer service or support center. You have to visit their website and go to the help section. Or you can easily connect with them through,
Onity Lock Parts Suppliers (Find Some Suppliers)
Several suppliers in the market can take care of your Onity HT24 lock parts requirements. Some of the famous names include Electronic Locksmith, Prolockrepair.com, and Acculock.com.
How to Replace Old Onity Locks?
Onity locks have been a famed lock supplier in the market for a long time. However, its increasing faults and growing vulnerability to hacks make them obsolete.
- If the lock has been damaged or destroyed, removing the entire lock may be easier than replacing a small part.
- If you are unsure how to proceed, contact a professional locksmith for assistance.
- If you don’t want your guests to experience bad just because the locks aren’t working correctly, you probably need to replace them.
Before you begin, make sure you have all the necessary tools. You will need a screwdriver (either Phillips-head or flat-head) and an adjustable wrench or pliers. A utility knife can also be helpful for this task if you have one handy.
What are the signs that an Onity lock needs to be replaced?
Here are some signs of a lock that is in desperate need of being updated:
- Frequent key replacement. This could be a sign of someone who swiped one or more keys for nefarious purposes
- Frequent card or key loss
- Frequent reprogramming of keys and cards
- Unusual activity on the lock (lock is unprogrammed by an unknown user)
- Uncommon tampering with the lock (keyhole or lock body is tampered with – missing screws, pry marks, etc.)
- The door opens, but the lock does not “take” (no light flashes)
- The lock takes, but the door does not open
- Lock takes, the door opens, but no light flashes
To remove an old Onity lock from your door:
- You must get the T-10 Torx screws from within the handle and remove the thumb turn accordingly.
- Remove the interior cover plate and then unplug the privacy wire via the switch on the interior escutcheon.
- You must remove the machine screws located at the top and two at the handle’s shaft, four in total.
- To install the replacement lock, reverse the steps mentioned above. Once the door is open, use the Portable Programmer to initialize the new lock to correct the room number. For the room to show proper functionality, insert and remove the encoded key before allowing the door to close.
Several options in the market can add to your hotel’s reputation.
ShineACS Locks is one of the most professional hotel lock system brands with extensive features and varieties. Some of the critical points of their benefits include unparalleled security, a keyless system, a simple installation process, and absolute safety.
Finally, we have perfect old lock replacement solutions and suitable hotel lock replacement products to help you complete the replacement work smoothly.
Replacing an entire lock system could be expensive, but it is essential to maintain the smooth functioning of the whole system.